Plump, nutrient rich Pisces Mealworms provide a natural insect food for birds and lizards in the aviary or garden.Pisces mealworms are a clean and easily handled food for many pets, and adds variety to your animals diet. Mealworms are an ideal source of protein for seed-eating birds; especially important at breeding time. Eco-gardeners believe that feeding wild-birds in their yard naturally encourages insect foraging birds to keep the garden cleaner of pests”.
How to feed Feed mealworms straight from the container or transfer them to glass or crockery bowls with five centimetre sides slippery sides prevent their escape. The birds will quickly learn to sort out the mealworms from the bran, especially if you only put mealworms in the bowl for the first few times.
How to Feed
- Feed once or twice a day - early in the morning and 1-2 hours before sunset. Small birds (eg: wrens and wagtails) up to 5 mealworms each meal. Medium sized birds (eg: butcherbirds and kingfishers) up to 10 per meal. Large birds (eg: magpies and kookaburras) 10-20 per meal. Avoid overfeeding. You should not make the birds dependent on you for a large part of their diet. It is unnatural and can disadvantage the birds.
- Pisces mealworms are packed with enough food to last them about one week at normal room temperature. They will live much longer if kept in the crisper area of the refrigerator as the cold temperature slows them down. To keep your mealworms for a longer period of time, every two weeks remove them from the refrigerator & allow them to warm up. Give them a small amount of apple or carrot & top up their unprocessed bran. After 24 hours remove the uneaten food and return them to the fridge for re-use.
- Available in four sizes
- Mini Mealworms: approx 1cm long available in approx 800 worm tubs
- Small Regular: 1.5cm long and approximately 6000 worm bulk
- Regular Mealworms: approx 2cm long available in 10g, 50g & 100g tubs & 1kg bulk.
- Super Mealworms: approx 2.5cm long—available in 50g & 100g tubs & 1kg bulk.
Available packed in handy tubs and bulk quantities